Travelling has become one of the go-to ways for stress relief in modern society.
Be it domestic or international, travelling offers you endless choices of unique experiences, not to mention a chance to meet new people who shares the same interests as you. So just imagine having a go-to place where not only will you enjoy, but be healed as well. Well we got you covered as we discover the hidden get-away of Bacolodnons and traverse on mountainous trails that leads to full body and soul relaxation.
Mambukal Resort, a township located in the boundaries of Murcia in Negros Occidental, is well known not only for its beauty but its therapeutic services as well. Strategically located near the foot of Mt. Kanlaon, its waters run with health properties usually sought after in foreign countries: Sulfur.
Used since ancient times and associated with the “fountain of youth” these sulfur waters flow with natural minerals such as calcium and magnesium which feels like they seep deep into your skin to sooth arthritis, joint pains, damaged ligaments and best of all, improve your blood’s circulation. No wonder why on weekends and holidays its hotsprings are filled with people both from local and internatonal.
There are two sets of Itineraries most people follow when going to Mambukal resort. The ‘adventure itinerary’ and the ‘health and relaxation’ itinerary. Today we will focus on HEALTH and RELAXATION since it is almost the year’s end and what best way to pamper ourselves and forget 2018’s stresses than to immerse in an experience only nature could offer.
THE HEALTH AND RELAXATION ITINERARY:
- Through Public Transportation
- From Bacolod central market ride Mansilingan jeepney or La Salle jeepney going to Libertad Public Market- (8 pesos)
- Get on MAMBUKAL CEBRO – (35 pesos)
- The waiting area of Mambukal Cebro is in front of Savemore Supermarket, beside Mang Inasal
- Mambukal will be the last stop so when the conductor asks you where your destination is, just say “Mambukal Resort”
- Through Private Van
- Van rentals are available allthroughout Bacolod but I recommended this Van rental services by Denz Mudanza because they offer a lower rate and not to mention that their unit is brand new and immaculately clean when we used it.
- We spent 3000 pesos including the driver’s fee and the fuel which was quite a catch compared to the prices we got from other van rental stores. It was all worth it since we could bring all the food weprepared and other things we needed and still have enough space and leg room since it was a 15 seater van. Kindly check the picture below===VAN FOR RENTTOYOTA Hi-ACE COMMUTER 15 SEATERLandLine:(034)446-0551Mobile:Sun(09337824759)Globe:(09152629843)EMAIL:firstname.lastname@example.orgWE SERVICE TO ANY POINT OF THE NEGROS ISLANDALL RATES INCLUDE FUEL COST AND DRIVERSELF-DRIVE NOT AVAILABLE===
ARRIVING AT MAMBUKAL RESORT
- Adults- 50 pesos
- Student – 20 pesos (bring your student ID)
- Children 11 years old & below – 20 pesos
This entrance fee already gives you access to much of the resort’s grounds including the Sulfur river. Other ameneties charge separately.
We’ll be starting with the most active and time-consuming activity of the day. Aside from its hotsprings, Mambukal is also famous for its 7 waterfalls. Just an hour hike or an hour and a half at most and you may already cover all 7 of them. Tour guides are now a MUST and will vary depending on how many you are. Here are what you’d have to do:
- Declare how many of you will be hiking
- Log in your name and signature
- Read the assumption of risk waiver
- Follow your tour guide at all times
You may ask your tour guide to take a picture of you or your group
After an hour or two of hiking, what best way is there than to ease your fatigue through dipping into the warm and relaxing waters of Mambukal’s hotsprings. There are two choices you may pick from:
THE WARM SULFUR DIPPING POOL
It’s more budget friendly for backpackers and budget-travellers, with only 50 pesos or 100 yen (for adults) and 20 pesos or roughly 40 yen (for children ages 11 and below) you can have an all day access to it’s warm waters which ranges from 38-43 degrees centigrade.
This is a Japanese inspired hotspring and it usually way hotter than the dipping pool, it is quite newer with only 100 pesos for an all day acess. It is also not often used as much because there are times when the water is scalding hot that, at times when the water temperature is bearable or lower the staff lets you dip your fingers first into the water to check if you can handle the heat before you pay for the entrance fee.
End your day with a relaxing treat for yourself and a congratulations for making it into 2019. The Blade Spa opened its Mambukal branch in 2009 and is equipped with different services such as ear candling, foot massage, facial packages and 60 minute full body massage packages with just 500 pesos.
- You can put your bag or belongings inside a locker in the dipping pool or Japanese Ofuro Area, just ask the staff about it.
- Get your hand stamped before going out if you plan to return to the dipping pool
- LOOK UP! Did you know that Mambukal is also home to 3 wildbat species? They like to dangle themselves on the trees surrounding the hotsprings. So be sure to look up to see their majestic wings spans!
If you have anything to add for the improvement this post or would like us to correct or revise some information in this article feel free to contact us at: email@example.com
Rude comments and hate-speech will be deleted from the post in order to create a safe and judgement free zone for all of my readers, let’s spread positivity instead!